· 2012-present: Assistant Federal Defender, United States Courts, District of Alaska.
· 2003-2012: Law Offices of Darrel J. Gardner. Emphasizing the defense of serious felony and federal criminal prosecutions including narcotics and sex trafficking, white-collar and computer crimes, and other serious criminal cases.
· 1995-2003: Assistant Public Advocate, State of Alaska. Statewide criminal defense of class A and unclassified felony crimes including murder, manslaughter, rape, kidnapping. child sexual abuse, armed robbery, and serious physical assault.
· 2008-2012: Appointed to the Federal Criminal Justice Act Panel, U.S. District Court, District of Alaska; 2012 Advisory Committee member.
· 2009-present: Founder, Director, Treasurer, and 2014 President of the Alaska Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
· 2015: Elected to the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation.
· 2014-present: Member of the Board of Governors of the Alaska Bar Association: Vice President, 2015; President-Elect, 2016; President, May 12, 2017—present.
· 2011-2015: Appointed by the Chief Justice of the Alaska Supreme Court to the Alaska Attorney Discipline Hearing Committee.
· 2012-2014: President, Federal Bar Association, Alaska Chapter: Awarded FBA National Presidential Activity Achievement Award in San Juan, Puerto Rico (2013) and Providence, RI (2014); 2013–present: Appointed to the FBA’s National Membership Committee. 2015-present: Board member and chair-elect of the FBA’s Criminal Section; 2017—present: Ninth Circuit Vice President. 2016: Inducted as a Fellow of the Foundation of the Federal Bar Association.
· 2012-2016: Appointed as 9th Circuit Lawyer Representative by the Chief Judge of the United States District Court, District of Alaska. 2015-2016: Alaska Chair, Lawyer Representatives Coordinating Committee. 2017: LRCC Chair-Elect for the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference.
· Selected to The National Top 100 Trial Lawyers.®
· Member: National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers; Alaska Bar Association; Federal Bar Association; Anchorage Superior Court Pre-trial Criminal Delay Revision Panel (2008—2010); Former Education Committee Member, Alaska Association for Justice: attended the National Criminal Defense College (NCDC).
· 1983-1995: Private practice in Alaska and Los Angeles; corporate, business and civil litigation.
· 1980: B.A. in English from Santa Clara University, California; member of Alpha Sigma Nu, the National Jesuit Honor Society, and Phi Alpha Theta, the National History Honor Society. Exchange student at the University of London, and Institute of European Studies in Paris (1978-79).
Darrel J. Gardner, Attorney at Law